Thursday, January 03, 2008

Strange Connection - Java with Assembly language

It might be surprising to know that it is possible to call assembly code directly from Java, even though Java doesn't even give you the freedom (rather problem) of handling pointers. (Don't say all native are assembly code after all!). It was reading this blog. I never done any JNI as such and but have some understanding of how it works. After reading this I felt like I never understood JNI completely. To understand this article to some extends you need good understanding of Java, JNI, Assembly language programming. Though I am unable to completely the follow the Assembly code, it gave me a fairly good idea about how it works. Really great article. In a similar article the author also explains about calling Java program from Assembly.. Sick !!!

Happy Coding!

No comments: